WebbleMove! is a physical activity prompting and team support-based health platform that puts you in charge of your own health outcomes. For the full run-down, read more here.
WebbleMove! is unique in a number of ways and for a number of key reasons.
- Ability to participate regularly (at work / school… anywhere) Firstly, we give you the opportunity to participate in regular light physical activity at times and in places that other programs just don’t. The exercises you choose are those that you feel comfortable in completing. Research conducted in the development of WebbleMove! identifed that although existing workplace exercise programs encouraged employee participation, most exercise tasks could only be conducted in personal time, meaning that the sedentary behaviour during worktime still remained as a risk factor for poor health.
- Well-rounded exercise program Unlike other programs, WebbleMove! incorporates not only cardiovascular type activities, but also Thera-Band® resistance-based exercises and gentle stretching, which form a key part of the physical activity guidelines for adults and children by the global leading American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM).
- Built with sustainability
Due to the high number of temporary programs (marketed as events or challenges, etc) on offer for corporate health and wellbeing audiences, sustainabilty was front-of-mind in the development of WebbleMove! While these programs do achieve great results for some partcipants as an approach.
For everyone the most sedentary some people feel like it’s just not for them, will get overtaken, lapped, defeated or just left in the dust on a previous map lost its about bettering yourself, with the help of your team mates (that you choose)
- Qualified professionals offering assessment
WebbleMove! offers that option to have university qualified Exercise Physiologists (EP) attend your workplace, school, hospital, aged-care facility, disabilities service client, to perform basic functional (fitness) tests such as BMI and grip-strength on participants, which is entered live into WebbleMove! At regular intervals, the EP attends the venue/person and can assist them to enhance their subsequent physical fitness scores.
This data can then be provided in an unidentified form to WebbleMove! administrators to show true values in employee health and wellbeing.
When prompted (ideally at regular intervals throughout the day), simply complete the demonstrated exercise task to score Webbles, which contribute to your own score as well as any teams you are part of. Being part of a team (2 or more people) is a great idea, and will help you get the most out of your participation experience.
Exercises are performed during the workday as scheduled and prompted by the desktop application for a predefined timeframe (default is 5 minutes per hour).
WebbleMove! points are called “Webbles”, and are proportional to real world (scientifically calculated METs) energy expediture values for certain tasks. We decided to do this because also that although we've gone with METs (Metabolic Equivalent of Task) it's too scientific and the actual values too small, aka if 1 hr of a task = 6 mets, 5 mins of that = 0.5METs which is not too inspiring to continue participation, you would in reality only get 3 or 4 proper METS per day while at work.
SOOOoooo, we've decided to times the value by 10 to get a total of 5 "MET points (x10)" but we've BRILLIANTLY decided to call them "Webbles". So 5 mins of exercise is worth x number of webbles. Cool hey.
For the people wanting to convert their points to actual METS they still can for themselves.
Can't do that with GCC steps even and METS are the scientific measure of energy expenditure not calories or steps.
As new research is proving, sit-stand desks have limited potential to make users physically active. As our resident Director of Research, Dr Darren Webb says, “While sit-stand desks have become a popular office fixture and are a step in the right direction, unfortunately they don’t offer even an actual step.” Contrasting this elevated (did you see what I did there) approach, WebbleMove! takes the concept of staying regularly active to a whole new level (#PunGenius). Actual movement is the only way you’ll ever offset your sedentary health risk factors and keep that metabolism cranking.
You may post text, as well as size-limited images and videos to your personal / team profiles, which we strongly encourage you to do on a regular basis. Doing this helps others share your journey and as a result you become a key part of theirs.
While we do provide WebbleMove! account guidelines (hyperlink to WebbleMove! guidelines), we need to point out that we are not the fun police and offer your account for you to use for “the right reasons.” In situations where WebbleMove! is offered through an organisation, the monitoring of WebbleMove! posts will be subject to that organisation’s (i.e. employee) guidelines and management review, aka, don’t post something that would not be appropriate for your manager’s approval.
Likewise, posts that are offensive, defamatory, abusive, promote or comprise of criminal (i.e. pornography) or terrorist activities will be referred to the appropriate state and federal authorities. Use of WebbleMove! as a means to sustainably harass another user will be considered cyberbullying and similarly referred to the relevant authorities.
Very little – everything is provided via a web browser meaning IT requirements and impact are minimal. If you do have issues accessing www.webblemove.com.au, this may be because your organisation has resticted access to this domain. If this is the case, contact your IT manager for organisational access.Content posted to WebbleMove! is WebbleMove! Usage Guidelines
How can I stay updated with the latest news from WebbleMove!
There are a number of ways you can stay updated with the latest from WebbleMove!
- Connect with us via any of our social media platforms, found in the footer below.
- As a registered member you will receive a brief fortnightly email showcasing all the latest happenings with WebbleMove! Your own WebbleMove! administrator may choose to provide you with a further email featuring more local content.